Sweet and Spicy Beef Bonus Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil 1-2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Bonus marinade
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ pounds lean rib-eye steak, cut into thin slices
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil plus more as necessary
- 1/2 cup bias-cut scallions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a small skillet and add the ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Sizzle for 30 seconds. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add the Bonus marinade, water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss the steak with the cornstarch, then toss in a colander to remove any excess.
- In a wide skillet, heat 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil until very hot but not smoking. Add half the beef (or less if your skillet is small) and fry until brown, turning occasionally until crisp on all sides. Repeat until all beef is cooked, adding more oil as necessary. When all the beef is cooked, drain any remaining oil from the pan and return beef to the pan.
- Add the sauce and heat. Toss with the scallions and sesame oil. Serve with rice.
Source: Cleon Michel with Bonus Bar-B-Q