Mustard BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons your favorite grilling rub
- 1/2 cup Bonus original or spicy barbecue sauce
- The day before cooking, trim excess fat from the thighs and rub lightly with mustard. Sprinkle liberally on all sides with rub. Cover and permit to rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat the charcoal grill to high heat with a large pile of coals in the center. Remove meat from refrigerator and grill quickly over the coals until crisp and brown on all sides. Move the meat to one side of the grill and the coals to the other, lower the lid, and permit to cook gently until the meat is done through.
- Five minutes before you’re ready to take the meat off the grill, apply a thin coat of sauce. Cook and turn until the surface is lightly caramelized, then add a second layer of sauce. Serve.
Source: Cleon Michel with Bonus Bar-B-Q